Thursday, October 23, 2008

To Begin, Again

Well, I know it has been a while. Apparently it is alot harder to write a blog than it is to read them. I thought it would be so easy and fun. Well it is actually quite hard, especially for someone like me who has never been a journaler or diary writer. I was not sure where to start so I didn't. So, here is try number 2, we'll see how this one goes.

Recently I took a little break from being a SAHM and worked almost full time for a whole 4 weeks. Wow, I thought it would be nice for a change, you know, getting out of the house and doing something that involved using my brain. Turns out, the only thing I really enjoyed about it was that I had my hair and make up done everyday and I had my mum staying with me for 7 weeks. What a blast. I know, most people would think "hmm mother staying with me or torture device, I'll take the torture device" I am lucky that I get along really well with my mum and we had lots of fun and did lots of things.

I think that since Mum was here, the rest of my family thought it might be a good time to visit too so in the space of 2 weekends we had (in my little 3 bedroom townhouse) my Dad, brother, sister-in law and nephew and the following weekend, my sister and 2 nieces. Lots of fun and not much room. Also in those 2 weekends we took the girls to the Melbourne zoo for the first time, lots of fun and had PJ's 5th birthday party at McDonalds. All in all we had a ball.

Now it feels very quiet as it is back to just the 4 of us. Things around here are really quiet, apart from the ongoing drama and noise that comes along with having a 2.5 yr old and a 5 yr old.

No comments:

Post a Comment