Thursday, December 4, 2008

Deja Vous

I remember when I was small that my little sister was fiercely independent. Anything and everything came with "I can do it myself", it reminds me of the Charlie and Lola book "I Can Do Anything That's Everything All On My Own". I could never be bothered with the effort, if someone was going to do it for me, then more power to them, who was I to argue?

The deja vous comes into play with my little Charli (yes like Charlie and Lola which she loves), she is one of the most independent children I have met and that is saying something considering how independent Paige is. The other day I was out with Charli while Paige was at Kinder, I got her out of the car with her protesting all the time about how she could do it herself. When I turned away to get something she climbed back in the car and then out again with a very stern "see, I do it myself"....hrumph!! Seems to me, I remember the exact same thing happening with a certain younger sister when I was little....isn't it funny how you can see so much of yourself and family members in your children whilst at the same time, they have their own little (or big) personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment