Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yay for Grapes!

Charli never eats fruit. Everytime I have tried to get her to eat it, she point blank refuses with just a "yuck" for my effort. She used to eat strawberries and apple but for about 12 months has not eaten a single bit of fruit. She is fantastic at picking blackberries, boysenberries, elderberries, etc. In fact I think she picked almost as much as the boys did together when we went berry picking at Christmas, but she refused to eat any. Not that she is really all that fussy, she will eat pretty much anything, including spicy food and will try new stuff all the time, just not fruit.

About a week I took both of the girls with me to the supermarket, we bought some grapes and Paige grabbed some of the loose grapes to eat on her way around the supermarket. We gave Charli a grape for fun and tried to convince her to eat it. Eventually we managed to convince her to take a small bite of the grape.....viola, grape convert. Grapes are now officially the only fruit that Charli will eat, but I consider this a small victory and will take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment