Friday, September 25, 2009

Thanks Dad

Today I had a bit of a dilemma, I was trying to make a decision about something which has been bugging me for a few days. I was feeling very uneasy and losing a bit of sleep and decided that today was the day to decide yes or no. I wanted to think it through properly before talking to the boy so that when I did, I would make sense. In order to do that, I needed to bounce off someone and that someone was and usually is either my mum or my sister. I didn't want to bother my sis as she is not feeling the best at the moment, so I rang Mum. Surprise, surprise, she wasn't home, but Dad was. I talked to Dad for about 1/2 hour and as usual, he was full of wonderful advice and whilst he did not once tell me what to do, he did make me feel relaxed and comfortable with my decision.

I guess the point of this is to say that whilst I don't often speak to Dad about issues and such, when I do, he is always there, always willing to listen and always gives great advice. I wish everyone could have a Dad like mine, he makes me thankful every day that I was gifted a Dad like him. I am also glad that my boy is a Dad cut from the same cloth.

I love you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment