Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Better Be Home Soon

J went to Thailand last Thursday, it sounds like he is having fun, but I am ready for him to come home. He has been gone for 6 sleeps so far and I still have 1 to go. And yes, it is me that is counting down the sleeps, not the Hobbits. The problem is that when he is not here, I have alot of trouble sleeping, I can't go to bed until late and then I can't get to sleep for ages and I wake up really early. The result is that I am getting about 4-5 hours of sleep a night which for me is not enough, by a long shot.

The other thing that is not helping the sleeping situation is that both of the girls feel the need to share the bedroom with me and half way through the night, when Paige steals all of the doona from Charli, she comes into bed with me. Normally that would be fine, with J there, she would squish up with me and go back to sleep. The problem arises from the fact that she has half of the bed to herself and what results can only be called sleep gymnastics. This morning I was woken at approximately 5am by a leg being thrown across my face. I had just gotten back to sleep after that shock when I had another leg thrust into my back.

I know it is a bit corny, but I can't wait for him to come home and have my regular sleeping partner back so that I can kick the girls out and back into their room and have my sleeping back to normal. Also, he is bringing presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment