Monday, November 16, 2009

Lots of Sewing

I have really been enjoying sewing lately, so much so, in fact that I even bought the Handmade magazine for the first time ever. I have also been borrowing Burda magazines from the library. I made a dress for Paige and for the first time ever used a pattern. I was more difficult than I had anticipated as I am not used to being precise, also, I didn't realise that the sizing is SOO different. I made her the size that she currently wears and ended up having to unpick it all and cut it down 2 sizes so that it would fit her. The bonus is that now I have modified the pattern so that it fits her well as she is tall and slim and I have the making of the dress (which is actually quite easy) down so that I don't even have to look at the instructions. So far I have made 4 of them for various people. I can only post 2 at the moment, as the rest are for presents and haven't been sent yet. I will post them once they have been received, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

Here are the ones I made for PJ and Charli using the Oliver + S Popover Sundress

Luckily for me, the girls love them and wear them often.

I also made myself a dress which is lovely and light for Summer, this is also from a free pattern I found called Mendocino Sundress by Heather Ross.


And lastly, yesterday I was browsing some sewing blogs, linked from others, to others, to, well you get the idea and I can across a really great blog and got another free pattern which I whipped up yesterday for PJ's best friend. The blog is by Tanya Whelan who is a fabric designer and the free pattern is for a ruffle skirt which I think turned out quite cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment