Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Only 24 Hours Later

It is amazing the difference that 24 hours makes. For most of last week we have been trying to get Charli to use the potty rather than the floor, carpet, chair or whatever else she happens to be sitting on at the time the urge strikes. For the most part, it just has not worked and my cleaning arm has been getting a pretty good workout. I was beginning to wonder if she would ever get it, she is now older than Paige was when Paige was completely toilet trained. Then I also have to remind myself that they are completely different little girls, different looks, different interests, different personalities and even opposite handed (Paige is a righty, Charli a lefty). Charli will toilet train when she is ready, not when I am.

Then suddenly yesterday, she got the hang of it. We only had 1 accident all day and that was on the tiles. Between breakfast and bed, she used the potty all day, and not only when I asked her to but everytime she needed to go she would cry "I need wee" and run to the potty. So, we will continue and see how it goes. I will continue to not pressure her and try really hard not to get cross when she misses, but most of all, rejoice with her when she gets it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment