Saturday, January 24, 2009

So Much Fun

The past two days have been so much fun. We went out for lunch to the amazingly gourmet McDonalds yesterday with friends and then spent the afternoon at their place. There was dressing up, make up and performances. Lots of fun both for the kids and us adults. 

Today was fantastic. We went to visit some friends who have moved to the other side of town and just 5 minutes from the beach. We had lunch together, the kids played, we went to the park, the kids played, we went back to their place the kids played, I think I see a theme here. We ended the day with a 2 hour trip to the beach which was great. Charli even managed to get in the water by herself, sure it only came up to her cute little ankles, but still an achievement for someone who hasn't been in the water since the Christmas drama. Paige, of course, spent the whole time in the water having lots of fun. I think she could be a beachaholic, maybe there is some sort of program she needs to go to.....or maybe not. Anyway, we finished the day as all good beach trips should end, with fish and chips and then not 5 minutes after getting into the car, the hobbits were asleep and I had a quiet trip home.

Now I need to wash that salt right off of my skin and maybe rest for a bit. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning, some of that sunburn will have turned into tan. At least I remembered to suncream the kids and my face so it is not as bad as it could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment