Sunday, April 19, 2009

I think I might be sad.

When Paige started school this year, she was ready to go and I was ready for her to go. Before I knew it, term 1 was over and I was dreading the holidays with the whole keeping them entertained and refereeing the disagreements that are inevitable when the hobbits are stuck together for long periods of time. I have to say however, there was a whole lot less disagreeing and a whole lot more getting along well together than I was expecting. Not that this is a bad thing, in fact, it is a great thing. There are 2 problems that I can see as an outcome of this unexpected holiday happiness:
1. I am sad that Paige is going back to school, I think I will really miss her, more than last term when I was over her being home.
2. Charli will miss her, it seems like she had only just gotten over the upset at Paige not being there all the time and then she had her back, only to lose her again.

So now, I am going to have to find all sorts of things to keep Charli busy so she doesn't get all mopey at Paige not being around to play with and still get the housework that I love so much done. Do you think that keeping Charli busy is a good excuse not to do it? Then when the boy comes home at the end of a long day of work, I can say "sorry I haven't washed your clothes/cooked dinner/vacuumed the floor, I was keeping Charli busy so she didn't miss Paige too much." It may just work, well, for a few days anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment