Friday, November 21, 2008

Poor Things

I feel really sorry for the girls today. Not only did they not get a great sleep last night, but they had to deal with a sleep deprived, grumpy and impatient Mumma today.

Charli is currently suffering from a HUGE ulcer on the underside of her tongue. I took her to the doctor as she is getting them fairly often, but he just said to give her vitamins and put bonjella on there. It doesn't seem to be working as I am still getting up to her 4-6 times a night for either "my mouth hurts" or "scared of my bedroom". Not sure what the scared is about, but I can understand the hurt as I get ulcers and have first hand knowledge of the pain. I took her with me to the pharmacy tonight and the guy there is lovely. He gave me vitamins as well as SM33 gel (yes Shell you were right....lignocaine over the counter) which seems to be working a treat. So far tonight she has only woken up once and that was for the scared, no mention of the pain so fingers crossed for some sleep tonight.

So that is the reason for the lack of sleep. Even Paige this morning didn't want to get up because "Charli kept crying all night and waking me up". A very kind and concerned person told me that I should get some sleep during the day, but unfortunately I have a 2.5yr old and 5yr old. I don't think sleep is something that happens during the day, especially if you don't want to wake up to the aftermath of Hurricane Preschoolers and/or World War III. Besides that, if I do get some sleep during the day, it takes me until bed time to get my brain moving again and to get rid of that nagging "I slept during the day" headache and that kind of defeats to purpose to begin with. I am thinking that the best thing to do is to go to bed early. Revolutionary idea, now if I can just convince my Lord of the Rings playing fingers that that is what I need to do......

No comments:

Post a Comment